Bachelors of Science in Computer Science and Information Technology (BSc.CSIT) is a 4-year, 8 semester’s program introduced by Tribhuvan University, Institute of Science and Technology. This course was designed in 2064 B.S. by T.U. The program develops the underlying principles of both Computer Science and Information Technology and shows how these principles can be applied to real world problems. This program develops the skills that are essential for both for both computer professionals and IT managers. The program comprises computer science and allied courses of 126 credit hours.
The Department of Computer Science and Information Technology at St. Lawrence College has been established on 2067 B.S. as a center of excellence in Computer Science, through the initiation and support of eminent personalities and intellectuals who have rich, varied and profound expertise in the field of Computer and Information Technology. St. Lawrence realizes the importance of IT management study and helps to enforce the strength of this study so as to benefit our young aspirants to become the successful IT managers/programmers in the future. To achieve this noble objective, BSc.CSIT program at St. Lawrence has following aspects:
• Excellent academic environment
• Internships in different IT companies.
• Preferences for Seminars, Workshops and Field Visits.
• Preferences to IT related project works.
• Provides Guest Lectures.
• Technical Research & Presentations.
• Well-equipped computer laboratories and digital laboratories.
• Educational Tours in related places.
• Career counseling for job placement.
• Preparing student for research in recent technologies for future development
• Affiliation with various IT companies for graduate placement programs
The candidate applying for BSc.CSIT program must have:
• Applicants are required to appear in the entrance test conducted by Institute of Science and Technology, Tribhuvan University (ISOT-TU) and should secure at least 35% marks in order to be eligible.
• The candidate must have completed 10+2 or equivalent examinations with Minimum 'C' grade in all subjects of grade 11 and 12 by taking Physics and Mathematics of 100 marks.
(Note: Both Biology and Mathematics group of students of +2 level are eligible to apply for the course)Popular Courses
The BSc.CSIT program will have eight semesters with 126 credit hours. Each semester shall have duration of 6 months (Minimum of 15 weeks to maximum of 20 Weeks). All the subjects carry 3 credits each. This program comprises of the following courses:
|Computer Science Core Courses||75|
|Natural Science Elective Courses||6|
|Social Science and Management Courses||6|
|Computer Science Elective Courses||15|